Required Regulatory Disclosures
We are required by financial regulators to provide to you at the beginning of our Agreement a summary of certain information from the Agreement and disclosure of our Fees. This information is described in more detail in the body of the Agreement.
Information Summary Box:
Fee Disclosure Box:
Card Not Present means that the card was not electronically read by an electronic card reader and the card information is manually key entered. (e.g. online payment)
Exhibit A: Merchant Services Agreement
This Merchant Services Agreement for Sub-Merchants ("Merchant Agreement") is made among Worldpay, LLC, having its principal office at 8500 Governors Hill Drive, Symmes Township, OH 45249-1384 and its designated Member Bank (collectively "Acquirer") and the "user" as defined in, and in connection with, the Wave Payments Terms of Service between Wave Financial Inc. (“Wave”) and the user (herein referred to as "Sub-merchant"). Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein have the respective meanings given them in the Terms of Service. Acquirer will provide Sub-merchant with certain payment processing (the "Services") in accordance with the terms of this Merchant Agreement. In consideration of Sub-merchant's receipt of credit or debit card funded payments, and participation in programs affiliated with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and certain similar entities (collectively, "Associations"), Sub-merchant is required to comply with the Operating Regulations as they pertain to applicable credit and debit card payments. In addition, if Sub-merchant meets certain requirements under the Operating Regulations or an Association or the Operating Regulations otherwise require, Sub-merchant may be required to enter into a direct relationship with an entity that is a member of the Associations. By agreeing to the Wave Payments Terms of Service to which this Merchant Agreement is an exhibit (by "click through" agreement or otherwise), Sub-merchant has fulfilled this requirement, if and when applicable. However, Acquirer understands that Sub-merchant may have contracted with Wave to obtain certain processing services and that Wave may have agreed to be responsible to Sub-merchant for all or part of Sub-merchant's obligations contained herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing recitals and of the mutual promises contained herein, the parties agree as follows:
Certain Sub-merchant Responsibilities. Sub-merchant agrees to comply, and to cause third parties acting as Sub-merchant's agent ("Agents") to comply, with the Associations' and other payment networks' by-laws, operating regulations and/or all other rules, policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the VISA Cardholder Information Security Program, the Mastercard Site Data Protection Program, and any other program or requirement that may be published and/or mandated by the Associations or payment networks (collectively, "Operating Regulations"). Sub-merchant may review the VISA, Mastercard, and Discover websites for a copy of the Visa, and Mastercard regulations. The websites are: visa.ca, mastercard.ca, and americanexpress.ca/merchantguide. Without limiting the foregoing, Sub-merchant agrees that it will fully comply with any and all anti-money laundering laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (Canada). For purposes of this section, Agents include, but are not limited to, Sub-merchant's software providers and/or equipment providers.
If so indicated in the Wave Payments Terms of Service, Sub-merchant may be a limited-acceptance merchant, which means that Sub-merchant has elected to accept only certain Visa and Mastercard card types (i.e., consumer credit, consumer debit, and commercial cards) and must display appropriate signage to indicate the same. Acquirer has no obligation other than those expressly provided under the Operating Regulations and applicable law as they may relate to limited acceptance. Sub-merchant, and not Acquirer, will be solely responsible for the implementation of its decision for limited acceptance, including but not limited to policing the card type(s) accepted at the point of sale.
- Sub-merchant shall only complete sales transactions produced as the direct result of bona fide sales made by Sub-merchant to cardholders, and is expressly prohibited from presenting sales transactions which are produced as a result of sales made by any person or entity other than Sub-merchant, or for any purposes related to any illegal or prohibited activity, including but not limited to money-laundering or financing of terrorist activities.
- Sub-merchant may set a minimum transaction amount to accept a card that provides access to a credit account, under the following conditions: i) the minimum transaction amount does not differentiate between card issuers; ii) the minimum transaction amount does not differentiate between Mastercard, Visa, or any other acceptance brand; and iii) the minimum transaction amount does not exceed ten dollars (or any higher amount established by law). Sub-merchant may set a maximum transaction amount to accept a card that provides access to a credit account, under the following conditions: Sub-merchant is a i) department, agency or instrumentality of the Canadian government; ii) corporation owned or controlled by the Canadian government; or iii) Sub-merchant whose primary business is reflected by one of the following MCCs: 8220, 8244, 8249 - Schools, Trade or Vocational; and the maximum transaction amount does not differentiate between Mastercard, Visa, or any other acceptance brand.
- Sub-merchant Prohibitions. Sub-merchant must not i) require a cardholder to complete a postcard or similar device that includes the cardholder's account number, card expiration date, signature, or any other card account data in plain view when mailed, ii) add any tax to transactions, unless applicable law expressly requires that a Sub-merchant impose a tax (any tax amount, if allowed, must be included in the transaction amount and not collected separately), iii) request or use an account number for any purpose other than as payment for its goods or services, iv) disburse funds in the form of traveller's cheques if the sole purpose is to allow the cardholder to make a cash purchase of goods or services from Sub-merchant, v) disburse funds in the form of cash unless Sub-merchant is dispensing funds in the form of traveller's cheques, TravelMoney cards, or foreign currency (in such case, the transaction amount is limited to the value of the traveller's cheques, TravelMoney cards, or foreign currency, plus any commission or fee charged by the Sub-merchant), or Sub-merchant is participating in a cash back service, vi) submit any transaction receipt for a transaction that was previously charged back to the Acquirer and subsequently returned to Sub-merchant, irrespective of cardholder approval, vii) accept a Visa consumer credit card or commercial Visa product issued by an issuer to collect or refinance an existing debt, viii) accept a card to collect or refinance an existing debt that has been deemed uncollectable, or ix) submit a transaction that represents collection of a dishonoured check. Sub-merchant further agrees that, under no circumstance, will Sub-merchant store cardholder data in violation of the Laws or the Operating Regulations including but not limited to the storage of track-2 data. Neither Sub-merchant nor its Agent shall retain or store magnetic-stripe data subsequent to the authorization of a sales transaction.
- Settlement. Upon receipt of Sub-merchant's sales data for card transactions, Acquirer will process Sub-merchant's sales data to facilitate the funds transfer between the various Associations and Sub-merchant. After Acquirer receives credit for such sales data, subject to the terms set forth herein, Acquirer will fund Sub-merchant directly to Sub-merchant's designated demand deposit account ("Sub-merchant-Owned Designated Account"), for such card transactions. Any dispute regarding the amount of settlement shall be between Wave and Sub-merchant. Any dispute regarding the receipt of settlement shall be between Acquirer and Sub-merchant. Acquirer will debit the Wave Designated Account for funds owed to Acquirer as a result of the Services provided hereunder, provided that Acquirer may also debit the Sub-merchant-Owned Designated Account for funds owed to Acquirer as a result of the Services provided hereunder. Further, if a cardholder disputes a transaction, if a transaction is charged back for any reason, or if Acquirer reasonably believes a transaction is unauthorized or otherwise unacceptable, the amount of such transaction may be charged back and debited from Sub-merchant or Wave.
- Term and Termination. This Merchant Agreement shall be binding upon Sub-merchant upon Sub-merchant's acceptance (by "click through" agreement or otherwise). The term of this Merchant Agreement shall begin, and the terms of the Merchant Agreement shall be deemed accepted and binding upon Acquirer, on the date Acquirer accepts this Merchant Agreement by issuing a merchant identification number and shall be coterminous with Wave Payments Terms of Service with Sub-merchant. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Acquirer may immediately cease providing Services and/or terminate this Merchant Agreement without notice if (i) Sub-merchant or Wave fails to pay any amount to Acquirer when due, (ii) in Acquirer's opinion, provision of a service to Sub-merchant or Wave may be a violation of the Operating Regulations or any Laws, (iii) Acquirer believes that Sub-merchant has violated or is likely to violate the Operating Regulations or the Laws, (iv) Acquirer determines Sub-merchant poses a financial or regulatory risk to Acquirer or an Association, (v) Acquirer's agreement with Wave terminates, (vi) any Association de-registers Wave, (vii) Acquirer ceases to be a member of the Associations or fails to have the required licenses, or (viii) Acquirer is required to do so by any of the Associations.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Acquirer may immediately cease providing Services and/or terminate this Merchant Agreement without notice if (i) Sub-merchant or Wave fails to pay any amount to Acquirer when due, (ii) in Acquirer's opinion, provision of a service to Sub-merchant or Wave may be a violation of the Operating Regulations or any Laws, (iii) Acquirer believes that Sub-merchant has violated or is likely to violate the Operating Regulations or the Laws, (iv) Acquirer determines Sub-merchant poses a financial or regulatory risk to Acquirer or an Association, (v) Acquirer's agreement with Wave terminates, (vi) any Association de-registers Wave, (vii) Acquirer ceases to be a member of the Associations or fails to have the required licenses, or (viii) Acquirer is required to do so by any of the Associations.
- Limits of Liability. Sub-merchant agrees to provide Acquirer, via a communication with Wave with written notice of any alleged breach by Acquirer of this Merchant Agreement, which notice will specifically detail such alleged breach, within thirty (30) days of the date on which the alleged breach first occurred. Failure to so provide notice shall be deemed an acceptance by Sub-merchant and a waiver of any and all rights to dispute such breach.
EXCEPT FOR THOSE EXPRESS WARRANTIES MADE IN THIS MERCHANT AGREEMENT, ACQUIRER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Sub-merchant's sole and exclusive remedy for any and all claims against Acquirer arising out of or in any way related to the transactions contemplated herein shall be termination of this Merchant Agreement. In the event that Sub-merchant has any claim arising in connection with the Services, rights, and/or obligations defined in this Merchant Agreement, Sub-merchant shall proceed against Wave and not Acquirer, unless otherwise specifically set forth in the Operating Regulations. In no event shall Acquirer have any liability to Sub-merchant with respect to this Merchant Agreement or the Services. Sub-merchant acknowledges Acquirer is only providing this Merchant Agreement to assist in Wave’s processing relationship with Sub-merchant, that Acquirer is not liable for any action or failure to act by Wave and that Acquirer shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with any products or services provided to Sub-merchant by Wave. If Wave is unable to provide its services to Sub-merchant in connection with this Merchant Agreement and Acquirer elects to provide those services, directly, Sub-merchant acknowledges and agrees that the provisions of this Merchant Agreement will no longer apply and the terms of Acquirer's then current Bank Card Merchant Agreement, which would be provided to Sub-merchant, will govern Acquirer's relationship with Sub-merchant. If Wave subsequently provides its services to Sub-merchant in connection with this Merchant Agreement, Acquirer will cease to provide such services after receipt of notice from Wave and this Merchant Agreement will govern Acquirer's relationship with Sub-merchant.
- Miscellaneous. This Merchant Agreement is entered into, governed by, and construed pursuant to the laws of the Province of British Columbia without regard to conflicts of law provisions. This Merchant Agreement may not be assigned by Sub-merchant without the prior written consent of Acquirer. This Merchant Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors, transferees and assignees. This Merchant Agreement is for the benefit of, and may be enforced only by, Acquirer and Sub-merchant and is not for the benefit of, and may not be enforced by, any other party. Acquirer may amend this Merchant Agreement upon notice to Sub-merchant in accordance with Acquirer's standard operating procedure. If any provision of this Merchant Agreement is determined to be illegal or invalid, such illegality or invalidity of that provision will not affect any of the remaining provisions and this Merchant Agreement will be construed as if such provision is not contained in the Merchant Agreement. "Member Bank" as used in this Merchant Agreement shall mean a member of VISA, and/or Mastercard, as applicable, that provides sponsorship services in connection with this Merchant Agreement. As of the commencement of this Merchant Agreement, Member Bank shall be Peoples Trust Company, located at 888 Dunsmuir St. Vancouver V6C 3K4. The Member Bank is a party to this Merchant Agreement. The Member Bank may be changed, and its rights and obligations assigned to another party by Acquirer at any time without notice to Sub-merchant.