NOTE: Currently only available to single-owner businesses in the United States with a Wave account.
No monthly fees, account minimums, transfer fees, or long-term commitments.1
Eligible customers get free Instant Payouts and can access money as soon as they’re paid.2
This bank account syncs with Wave Accounting, saving time and making tax prep a breeze.
"Wave Money" is a bank account for small business owners that includes a Visa® business debit card and mobile app. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- An easier tax season, since you can keep business and personal transactions separate
- On-the-go check deposit and income-tracking via your mobile device
- Less time updating records, with automatic expense categorization and bookkeeping
- Faster access to money with free Instant Payouts
Getting paid through Wave Money is much easier and faster than it was through my previous banking provider.
Your old bank account
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with Wave Money?
Wave Money is currently available to single-owner businesses in the United States with a Wave account. Once you create an account, we’ll notify all new eligible businesses by email. You’ll be able to download the Wave Money mobile app directly from your email or you can learn more within your Wave account.
If you're an existing Wave customer and have already been invited, you'll be able to learn more and sign up within your Wave account under your Banking tab.
What do you mean by no fees?
We mean no monthly fees, account minimum, transaction fees, or ATM withdrawal fees if you withdraw from our network of 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs. You’ll find a list of them in the Wave Money app.
Note that if you use an out-of-network ATM, that ATM operator may charge a service fee. It's always best to use one of our 55,000 surcharge-free ATM's, which you can search for in the Wave Money app.
No fees? How do you make money?
Each time you use your Wave Business Debit Card, we earn a portion of the card processing fee that's paid by the merchant who is accepting your card.
Are you a regulated bank?
Wave is not a bank, but we are a banking alternative. We partner with Community Federal Savings Bank (CFSB) to issue the Wave Visa® Business Debit Card. CFSB holds all Wave Money deposits, which are insured up to $250,000 through the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Are you FDIC insured and what does that mean?
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is a government agency that insures against loss of deposits in the case of bank failure. Our bank partner is FDIC-insured, and each Wave Business Debit Card account is insured up to $250,000 per named account holder.
Is a credit check required to open a Wave Money account?
No, Wave does not perform a credit check when opening a Wave Money account and your credit score will not be affected.
My business has many owners. Can we all use Wave Money?
Wave Money currently supports single-owner businesses in the US. We look forward to letting you know when this changes.
Where can I use the debit card?
You can use your Wave debit card anywhere Visa® is accepted. When you’re shopping online, just choose Visa® and enter your card information as you would normally.
Where can I withdraw money without incurring fees?
Wave partners with the largest surcharge-free ATM network in the world to offer you free withdrawals. You can find the list of ATMs near your location in the Wave Money app.
How does Wave handle my data?
You said no monthly fees, are there any other fees?
If you use an ATM not owned by us for any transaction, including a balance inquiry, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator even if you do not complete a withdrawal. This ATM fee is a third party fee amount assessed by the individual ATM operator only and is not assessed by us. This ATM fee amount will be charged to your Wave Business Debit Card account.
2. Free Instant Payouts: Includes use of Instant Payouts without the additional cost. Instant Payout is an additional service offered by Wave subject to eligibility criteria. Standard Wave payment processing fees apply when using Wave Money. Deposits are sent to the bank account linked to your Wave Money Debit Card or another eligible debit card in up to 30 minutes. Deposit times may vary for third party delays.
3. Once deposited, checks require 5-8 business days before funds can be accessed. Maximum $10,000 USD per deposit and $50,000 USD in mobile check deposits per calendar month.
4. Largest free ATM network in the US. (Note that if you use an out-of-network ATM, that ATM operator may charge a service fee).
5. Banking services provided by Community Federal Savings Bank, member FDIC. The Wave Money Visa® Debit Card is issued by Community Federal Savings Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.