The least interesting thing about Wave is accounting. The most interesting thing is the energy, pace and sense of adventure working with one of Canada's hottest new companies - an award-winning tech startup with hundreds of thousands of customers around the world. We want to get even more creative and adventurous in our growth, and we're looking for a UI Designer to join our application team and help us liberate small business owners worldwide from the dark side of accounting.
At Wave you will:
- Gather requirements and develop a deep understanding about current challenges from project leads, user feedback, and application analytics
- Work together with a small team to develop new, or optimize existing, functionality
- Create sketches, wireframes, or prototypes to map out, visualize and test application flow
- Deliver an engaging user experience, in terms of visual aesthetic, ease of understanding and use, and device independence
- Measure, test, and analyze solutions to seek out areas for improvement
- Play a pivotal role in acquiring, communicating with and retaining our awesome customers
- Work as part of a team that's focused on continual skills improvement and helping each other learn new things
- Heavy-duty prototyping and interaction design skills, either with wireframes or in working HTML/CSS/jQuery (preferably both)
- An analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset
- A portfolio that showcases your excellent understanding of typography, layout, colour, and general visual design principles
- Initiative to own the process from initial concept to production-ready solution and beyond
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal project requirements or design guidelines are not always available
- Ability to iterate quickly and thrive in an agile workflow
- Willingness to run solo with a project when needed, as well as switching gears to consult and collaborate with both a creative team and developers
- Outstanding communication skills
An exceptional candidate has:
- User research and usability testing experience
- Experience with user interface design for mobile devices
- Serious HTML/CSS/jQuery development experience
What makes working here awesome:
- Great people, great culture
- Casual and fun office environment
- Very competitive compensation, including stock options.
- Vibrant neighbourhood
- An incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of Canada’s startup darlings, experiencing lightning-fast growth and international recognition
Learn more about who we are and what Wave has accomplished so far.
Please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a small selection of your projects you’ve worked on that show off your chops.
(No recruiters, please.)
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses. The company has secured more than $19 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $60 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada and has offices in Rochester, New York, as well as Vancouver and Winnipeg.
Follow the Wave story, or just drop in for a chat: