Scouring through job postings looking for more than just another "pretty ok" job at a company that's better than "it'll do"?
Wave Accounting is an awesome startup, we’re on a roll, and we’re looking for some seriously impressive software developers.
At Wave you will:
- face exciting, out of the box challenges day in day out. From rapidly scaling our systems to redesigning large parts of the application, we never run out of difficult problems to solve. The status quo just isn't our style.
- work as part of a team that’s focused on continual improvement of their skills and helping each other learn new things.
- be in a workplace that is fun and informal -- a place where you'll actually want to come to on Monday mornings.
- build something that will make lives of real people easier, rather than yet another social-recommendations-meet-lolcats site. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
- mastery of Python and other computer languages.
- borderline obsessive about quality of workmanship.
- pride in writing modular, maintainable, simple, and well-documented code.
- comfortable with Linux or Mac OS and feel right at home in the terminal.
- exceptional written and oral communication skills (you can speak the words real good and write pretty ok sometimes too).
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or equivalent.
Nice to have:
- experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- experience working with distributed task queues (Celery, beanstalkd) or any concurrent programming experience.
An exceptional candidate:
- has worked on or contributed to awesome and challenging projects and has a github/bitbucket profile to prove it
Technology at Wave:
- our site is built in Python and Django, using Celery and RabbitMQ for background processing and data crunching. We are confident that we are pushing Django in ways that nobody has before.
What makes working here awesome:
- great people, great culture
- casual and fun office environment
- very competitive compensation, including stock options.
- vibrant neighbourhood
- an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of Canada’s startup darlings, experiencing lightning-fast growth and international recognition
Learn more about who we are and what Wave has accomplished so far.
Please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to include links to your github/bitbucket/stackoverflow/etc. profiles and personal websites/blogs.
(No recruiters, please.)
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses. The company has secured more than $19 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $60 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada and has offices in Rochester, New York, as well as Vancouver and Winnipeg.
Follow the Wave story, or just drop in for a chat: